These Rocks...

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 or Walkman W8 in the easiest way....


HI Friends its Debashis Nayak , today I will show you how to Root Your Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 or Walkman W8. First of all U will need a USB Connector, a PC with Windows ( in other OS it can be done but I will show you in Windows, I am using windows 7) JAVA JDK 6, and Flash Tool 0.2.9.1, Xperia X8 driver.

First of all Prepare the mobile for Rooting, Go to Setting> Applications>development and activate the USB debugging by touching that.
Then prepare the Pc for rooting, Install Java JDK6, Flash Tool and download the X8 driver and copy it to Flashtool0.2.9.1/drivers if X8 driver is already there then no need of pasting.

Open Flashtool0.2.9.1/X10flashTool.exe .
It will open like this
 Click on the second option marker and change the language
After you click on the English it will show u the English user interface
connect the phone to the Pc Via USB Cable  don’t choose anything except Charge phone. And the software will start automatically and look like this..
 If a pop up appears like this..
Always select X8 , whether u use W8 of X8 … and click ok..
Then click on the root button…. N wait
 After root is completed your mobile will reboot and the Flash Tool will show u the message

 After restart your mobile is rooted , then click on Ask Root Perm
After you click on that it will show the message 22/053/2011 20:53:35 - WARN - Please check your Phone and 'ALLOW' Superuseraccess!
22/053/2011 20:53:36 - INFO - Root Access Allowed
Now u have the Rooted android 2.1 …..




23 comments:

  1. need your very help....i follow your instruction but it don't detect my phone....
    tnx.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. im using windows xp sp3. can you help me with it?i want to root my w8 walkman phone...
    tnx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If u want to root make sure that the debuggig mode must be turned on , java JDK6 must be installed on ur pc and flash tool must have the w8 driver

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Debashis, were can i get a w8 driver?can u help me?many tnx....

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/825/493/1279522538/X8_drivers.zip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir, can you teach me how to upgrade my adroid 2.1 ver to 2.3.5 or 2.3.7. I have w8 walkman. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is also another post in this blog to show how to install custom rom .. plz visit http://whatsthehack.blogspot.com/2011/11/installing-custom-rom-and-updating.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. sir no technical error will occur f i do so??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done without no technical error, but i am not sure that no technical problem will occur , if any technical error occurs then it will be software error and can also be repaired by flashing the mobile ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. bro how to download java jdk there are many options on oracle and if we must have to sign up for oracle?
    can I download java 6.0 of 112 mb from softonic will it works? plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  11. try downloading from softonic if u r unabe to downlod from oracle , and let me tell u that u can also download from oracle witout registering there..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debashis,
    Rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia w8.But when it asking Phone model I gave x10 Instead of x8. Below version got installed.

    Installed version of busybox : BusyBox v1.17.2 (2010-09-05 03:37:08 CDT) multi-call binary.

    How can i remove x10 Busy box. And I didnt done the last step that is Ask Root Permissions kindly help me.

    Regards
    Prasad

    ReplyDelete
  13. try rooting again and click on x8 i am not sure but i think the busy box version may be re placed by the new one , if this does not works then try repairing Ur phone via PC companion's update service...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debashis,
    Thanks for your kind help.I repair my mobile using PC companion as per your suggestion. Now I installed Correct version of busy box. could you please Provide me the Xrecovery Zip File for W8. I have downloaded another mobiles xrecovery. It has 4 files
    1.busybox
    2.chargemon
    3.charger
    4.xrecovery.tar
    I 've another doubt while copying those above 4 files to "Phones Memory/root/System/bin" I am getting an message box with "You are trying overide the file. Do you wish to continue" So I stopped to do. Please correct me The way i followed is correct or not?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sir, i have a walkman w8 .. i tried all your instructions but i can't find BusyBox version like this ---> v1.17.2 (2010-09-05 03:37:08 CDT) multi-call binary.. only post ("Installed version of busybox: ") and thats it..

    i tried also to continue on root button and done but my phone doesnt reboot automatically. and waiting for that, i tried to continue again by clicking ask root perms.. and doesnt have any confirmation on my phone..



    hope u can help me... :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sir, i have a walkman w8 .. i tried all your instructions but i can't find BusyBox version like this ---> v1.17.2 (2010-09-05 03:37:08 CDT) multi-call binary.. only post ("Installed version of busybox: ") and thats it..

    i tried also to continue on root button and done but my phone doesnt reboot automatically. and waiting for that, i tried to continue again by clicking ask root perms.. and doesnt have any confirmation on my phone..



    hope u can help me... :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excuse me plzz bro iznt there any elsee softwere other than superoneclick ..??
    i wanna do it by a automated softwere.......!!
    iff u can help me.....!!
    Ok can i have your phonee numberr pleasee to consult about itt.........!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Install PC Companion also for Easy Detection

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanx buddy. i rooted my e16i . succesfully. i jst wanted to move my apps via link2sd.thanx alot. and one more favour please. i wanna update eclair to ginger bread or higher version.is dat possible. does it has bad effects.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi

    w8 can be updated to ice cream sandwitch

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. my flash tool '"flashtool-0.9.8.0-windows.exe'" got stucked in "reading device information" someone pls help me.....pls :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. THANKS.....BUDDY, IT WORKS REALLY NICE...!!

    ReplyDelete